Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Give it the Green Light

This past weekend I went exploring around the city looking for trends. I started out by walking toward Madison Square Park. On the walk there, I saw a girl with an amazing pair of denim and leather jeans. I asked for photo of her outfit and got denied...not off to a good start. But, whatever I guess leather just wasn't meant to be for this fall streetwear trend post. Once I got to Madison Square I couldn't quite find anything there that inspired me so headed back west toward the High Line. I ended up stumbling upon this lovely woman pictured below at a flea market. I loved her casual, cool look, and I especially loved her army green jacket! Things were looking up...  


Continuing on, I spotted another girl wearing a similar style jacket, and again in that awesome army green! I sneaked a picture of her as I crossed the street and continued my venture to the High Line.


Next, on 27th, right near the FIT museum, another girl's outfit really caught my eye. This girl looked so chill in this green jacket with sleeves scrunched up. I fell in love with the fun embroidered back details that added a pop of color to the outfit. Her casual weekend look was on point by adding simple white sneakers and distressed jeans.


Finally, I reached the High Line which was looking amazingly beautiful in the early evening. Once I stopped getting distracted by the gorgeous views, I found this adorable young woman in another awesome army green jacket. I really liked her combination of stripes and bright denim. Her look was simple yet stylish and sporty!


All in all, it looks like army green is a hit on the street of nyc. I mostly saw this color in women's jackets but it also is a great color for pants, skirts, t-shirts, you name it! I think this green is a great alternative neutral! I would pick something up in this color and maybe in a military style if you want to embrace this fall trend.

PS - I couldn't help but add this incredible picture that I took while scoping out the High Line. Every time I go there I take a million pictures. It never gets old! And I can't help but share it...



1 comment:

  1. I noticed a lot of green jackets that you snapped, perhaps a fall trend? Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments Widget